For Zoey

 

For Zoey

 

The little dog walks with her nose in the air,

When I take her out, we make quite a pair.

When she smells something, she takes off on a tear,

By the time I catch up, her whole nose is in there.

 

The little dog walks with her tail all a-wag,

Good thing she’s so little, I don’t wanna be dragged.

She looks back annoyed if I start to lag,

How do I keep up with her constant zigzag?

 

The little dog trots, watch her tail go,

Her entire backside sways so to and fro.

I don’t mind her speed, I need the exercise,

How is so much energy packed in such a small size?

 

The little dog knows exactly where to go,

But she stops for all the smells, just so you know.

The little dog gets all excited right when we begin,

But she’s pretty tuckered out by the time we end.

 

The little dog gets somewhat worn from a longer walk,

She would say “A long way.” if she’d only talk.

Sometimes I must pick her up off her little feet,

But she’s never too worn out to ask me for a treat.

 

The little dog likes the walks, likes the little tracks,

The little dog knows the way, both going there and back.

 The little dog likes her walks, but only little roams,

The little dog likes to walk, but she’s glad to be back home.

 

Cliff Lake 9/7/2024

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousand Horsemen

The Edge

Used Up 'n Dried Up