The Me

 

The Me

 

Am I still me?

Asked the stray thought

In the fuzzy zone

I was sliding through

On my way

To a softer consciousness.

An irrelevant question,

Given a few years,

And inevitability.

 

But I AM still me,

Or rather,

I am still a part of the All,

Retaining some memory

Of things happening

In my small space

That I have named

Existence.

Me.

 

And when I pass, what then?

I will still be a part of the All,

Though the shell now be

Inanimate.

For a time then I will still resemble

Me

Though there is no longer

A consciousness to respond

To the question.

 

Am I still me?

The question remains irrelevant

Though I am conscious

So far.

Knowledge

Experience

Gain

Loss

Each has played it’s song on

Me.

Even the shell has changed,

And changes still.

But memory remains…

Most of the memory remains.

 

Am I still me?

In a few years

That question may not matter.

Or will there be

A new place to ask the question?

If so,

Will it be the right question?

This I know:

The All continues,

With, or without

Me.


Cliff Lake 8/13/2023

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But...

House of Shame

Saturday in Magadonia