The Legacy

 

The Legacy

 

A legacy to stand for all time,

A legacy of your own find,

A legacy of your own mind,

A legacy of the wrong kind…

 

Hear me child as I tell the story

Of a brute who chased his glory

Under false pretense and the backroom deal,

Through power grab and outright steal.

 

Hear me now as I mean to show,

What your frail ego will never know:

Of the falling down and the frequent fail,

Hear me now as I tell your tale…

 

A legacy to stand in time,

A legacy of your own find,

A legacy of your own mind,

A legacy of the wrong kind…

 

Will they remember what you defaced?

Will they remember your frowny face?

Will they remember how you were clowned?

Is your legacy what you have torn down?

 

What do you think you leave behind?

In your criminality too entwined.

Daily someone takes pains to remind:

In the files you’re enshrined.

 

A legacy to stand for all time,

A legacy of your own find,

A legacy of your own mind,

A legacy of the wrong kind…

 

What is to be your legacy, child?

Is it how many you reviled?

Is it how many you beguiled?

Or is it how many charges were filed?

 

Hear me child as I tell the story

Of a brute who chased his glory.

Hear me now as I tell your tale…

Of the falling down and the frequent fail.

 

Will they remember your frowny face?

Will they remember what you defaced?

Daily someone takes pains to remind:

In the files you’re enshrined.

 

A legacy to stand for all time,

A legacy of your own find,

A legacy of your own mind,

A legacy of the wrong kind…

 

Cliff Lake 7/20/2026

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confusioneers

Technical Foul