Together

 

Together

 

I don’t want to vote for rage and insult,

So I won’t.

I don’t want to vote for fear and hatred,

So I won’t.

I don’t want to vote for racism,

I don’t want to vote for suspicion,

I don’t want to vote for greed,

I don’t want to vote for misogyny –

And I won’t.

 

I am not voting to punish.

I am not voting to justify.

I am not voting to legitimize.

I am not voting to rationalize.


I want to vote for care,

So I will.

I want to vote for hope,

So I will.

I want to vote for humanity,

I want to vote for empathy,

I want to vote for understanding,

I want to vote for inclusion –

And I will.

 

I am voting for accountability.

I am voting for reason.

I am voting for sustainability.

I am voting for justice.

 

I am voting for me,

And I am voting for you.

We are in this together,

All of us…

It is time to remember that,

We are in this together.

 

Cliff Lake 10/8/2024

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousand Horsemen

The Edge

Used Up 'n Dried Up