Long Road

 

Long Road

 

The pushing of one from here to there,

Personhood light as a feather in the air.

Fitted into alike container,

Never needing now an explainer.

 

Stamp them out, all of them the same,

Wonders why one needs a name.

Wonders who I came to be now,

Wonders if I can get back somehow.

 

The long road back to who I am.

Going away was never the plan.

But life interferes,

With opinion in my ears,

And it’s a long road back

To who I am.

 

Do I fit in, am I okay?

Will I always have the right thing to say?

Am I taking the right medicine?

Must I always wear this stupid grin?

 

Feeling like a powder keg,

Constantly squaring this round peg.

Being like everyone, but at what cost?

Why do I feel that something’s lost?

 

And it’s a long road back to who I am.

Leaving me behind was never the plan.

But with all of the tears,

Over all of the years,

It has been a long road back

To who I am.

 

Cliff Lake 10/14/2024

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousand Horsemen

The Edge

Used Up 'n Dried Up