Beyond

 

Beyond

 

There is a place that lies between,

Not fantasy, but living dream,

You may visit, but cannot stay,

Yet live a year within a day.

 

I fell in there, or was I pushed,

It seems there was a merest touch,

A hint to let go of the bonds,

An invitation to beyond.

 

There was a time that I could go,

And learn the things no one could know.

But this is now and that was then –

I wish that I could go again.

 

So many voices, the chorus sings.

So many verses of many things.

Knowledge granted you cannot hold,

Still, one of all things you are told.

 

I rested there, and still labored,

Every being there was a neighbor.

Bliss and worry became one,

And nothing asked did I shun.

 

There was a time that I could go,

And learn the things no one could know.

But this is now, and I don’t know when –

That I could ever know again.

 

A year or more I drifted there,

Cocooned it seemed in velvet snare.

Was I made whole or made undone?

It seemed my thought had come unspun.

 

I returned from time to time,

To hear again the wordless rhyme,

But over time I’ve lost the knack,

Now I may not make it back.

 

There was a time that I could go,

And learn the things no one could know.

But this is now; I’m unsure I’ve ever been –

But there are things I would know again.

 

Cliff Lake 10/15/2024

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousand Horsemen

The Edge

Used Up 'n Dried Up