Thin Air

 

Thin Air

 

The corporate ladder without any rungs,

The cheated romance all unstrung.

The air poisoned at will,

The repackaged freshly mangled swill.

It’s all sold to us again and again,

And we have no choice, and it never ends.

 

And it all just sets my teeth,

My emotions seethe.

Manipulated from beneath,

And I cannot breathe,

I need to breathe.

 

Choices removed, substitutes sold,

The screaming circus has gotten so old.

Education repurposed, dumbing it down,

And the powers still want to turn the air brown.

Giving us orders couched as advice,

And we keep getting less and still pay the price.

 

Now it all just sets my teeth,

Populations seethe.

Manipulated from beneath

And I cannot breathe!

Oh, I must breathe…

 

And the circus screams louder, and I can’t see,

The carrot on the stick right in front of me.

How much longer do we put up with the taking?

How much longer do we put up with the faking?

We’re told it’s getting better, “Just hang in there!”

And we’re hanging, hanging on in thin air.

 

Can’t you feel it set your teeth,

How much longer do we seethe?

Manipulated from beneath,

And I cannot breathe –

Please let me breathe…

 

Cliff Lake 8/5/2024

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousand Horsemen

The Edge

Used Up 'n Dried Up