Woodland

 

Woodland

 

I found the living faerie ring,

There in the wild woodland.

Though it looked empty to my eyes,

It was anything but unmanned.

 

Though the sun was overhead,

The light began to fail.

Then the faerie came to me,

All clad in lightning mail.

 

She told the tales of another earth,

Though she never spoke a word.

Then it seemed that the whole forest laughed

That was the last sound that I heard.

 

I was buried there, Faeried there,

And carried off to the mystical land.

Where I had to lose myself

To find out who I am.

 

I was a fortnight and a day gone

 And then another day.

And who or what I encountered there,

I find it too beautiful to say.

 

Suffice to say I came away

From the land beyond the veil.

The other side of here, where the water’s clear,

And the air does not taste stale.

 

Faerie queen bade me goodbye,

Her smile gentle as soft rain.

And though the ring exists no more,

In my dreams it’s found again.

 

I wander now, half in this world,

And halfway beyond the shroud.

And dream my final getaway,

When this world gets too loud.

 

And sometimes I find that I return

To the dark woodland,

That I might find a wondrous ring,

And a queen to take my hand.

 

Cliff Lake 7/25/2024

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousand Horsemen

The Edge

Used Up 'n Dried Up