On Defense

 

On Defense

 

The old one sat down next to me,

He did not ask my name.

He told me of a history,

That sounded much the same,

As matters I was studying,

Which left me much confused,

People spent time muddying,

What they said are their views.

The old man spoke of marching,

And loyalty to the state.

And blame laid overarching,

And whom to choose to hate.

He told of holding sessions

To catch the public ear,

And how to use regression,

And jealousy and fear.

And organizing bully squads

To wreak havoc in the night,

And maintain victim façade,

And ready the viper’s bite.

He laid it all out for me,

So that I might understand,

How fragile is our liberty,

How dangerous one man.

It’s all been played for us before,

We know how it will end.

It’s time to stand strong once more,

And all our rights defend.

 

Cliff Lake 7/11/2024

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousand Horsemen

The Edge

Used Up 'n Dried Up