Bad Paper

 

Bad Paper

 

I read the news today to learn what I should think.

But from the trusted paper there rose a horrid stink.

The words I read were all a backwards view,

How could mere common sense go so wildly askew?

 

A spiraling storyline was in front of me,

A desperate attempt to quell choice would be.

A machination cold and cruel,

A backroom barter resulting in one man’s rule.

 

Couched in convo’s pleading sense,

A thinly disguised corporate pretense.

And on the TV, those talking heads,

Repeated same and not a tear was shed.

 

Not a shot was fired, no bell tolled out,

As the media the republic sold out.

And then talked sports, the matter rested,

But I say our resolve remains untested.

 

Let them talk, and convince themselves.

For in my heart and yours, fierce spirit dwells.

For my part, this try seems feeble,

This land is governed of and by its people!

 

Let them try this odd foolish plan,

Let them try to force the hand!

Let them try to steal this land!

My vote and my republic stand!

 

I read the news today to learn what I should think.

But from the trusted paper there rose a horrid stink.

Crooked words, corporate jive –

I will see freedom survive.

 

Cliff Lake 7/10/2024

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousand Horsemen

The Edge

Used Up 'n Dried Up