Inside Estimation

 

Inside Estimation

 

Hello from your opinion,

Can you support me with fact?

I am entrenched in your emotions,

I am your reactionary supplier.

I only wish to express beliefs,

What’s the harm in that?

Oh, you have documentation?

Ha hahahaha -

I have faith.

I have faith entirely in myself,

The more I repeat,

The stronger I get.

Let me find a space that reinforces,

A place of reassertion,

Of reassurance…

Ah, there’s that sweet, sweet dopamine!

Of course I will need more,

We both know that,

And more still,

Where are my assistive brothers?

Who are the comforting sisters?

Bring them to me prepackaged,

And willing!

Hello! I am your prejudgments,

Your points of view,

Your conceptions and speculations.

I am not required to know,

I am only required to exist,

And given that I exist,

I demand consideration,

In spite of any evidence to my contrary,

I must be allowed!

I am here,

I am presented,

Therefore, I have meaning and weight!

I will be repeated,

And repeated again.

It is the only way I can survive.

Hello! I’m not going anywhere…

 

Cliff Lake 6/22/2024

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousand Horsemen

The Edge

Used Up 'n Dried Up