Balmy

 

Balmy

 

Do you remember that one time,

It’s happening again!

It almost seemed sublime,

Will it ever end?

A whirling dervish dancer,

A barking dog or two,

It seemed to be the answer,

It thrilled me through and through.

Where did all that time go?

What methods did we choose?

You asked me how did I know,

I asked to be excused.

The fancy ballroom dresses,

Worn laughing in the rain,

The fun and the excesses,

I had to catch the train.

The captain kept on calling,

Though we were never there,

It was always so enthralling,

Hidden beneath the stair.

We went back to school then,

Dressed in our Tuesday clothes,

Yes, it’s happening again,

So, wear your nicest hose.

 

Cliff Lake 6/9/2024

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousand Horsemen

The Edge

Used Up 'n Dried Up