Moonwalker

 

Moonwalker

 

Moonwalkers passed my window tonight,

Shadow-bright tread in silver light.

Calling on fireflies to show hidden way,

To escape tedium that binds us to day.

 

Raiment woven of colors of stars,

Passing some close to me, passing too far.

Move under night, darkness at bay,

Whispered secrets that clearly say:

 

“Come with us, do come away.

You’re not meant for the day,

Drop your cares, October, May, or June,

Walk with us beneath the moon.”

 

I lay all night watching in the gathered deep,

I lay all night watching, not chasing sleep.

I let the timeclock rule me that day,

While dreaming of that silent-sung lay:

 

“Drop the yoke that on you weighs,

Join our pearl-lit ballet.

Forget hours, their drudging hewn,

Take your place under the moon.”

 

I’ve closed the books and quit the race,

The moon has promised to hold my place.

I chase the moon-path, and must not stray,

In the distance hear the tune play:

 

“Follow this song in the night,

Follow this and end your plight.

Be with us in this commune,

Shed your cares below the moon.”

 

Cliff Lake 4/4/2024

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But...

House of Shame

Saturday in Magadonia