App Rope React

 

App Rope React

 

What is it that’s driving the need,

For an app for everything today?

Is it necessary to have electronics,

Report on stuff I could otherwise say?

Do I really needs to record

The hairs growing from my nose?

Or determine the relative heat,

Of the fungus between my toes?

Who needs such information,

Is it really that bugbear Big Brother?

Or is it simply helicoptering,

By your overbearing mother?

I hesitate to think government oversight,

Has become so intrusive that it

Needs to know your pants are too tight.

Are we to become a hivemind senseless drone

A groupthink multicell population

Interconnected by a handheld phone?

I mean to say what is coming next,

What is happening to romance

When too many are having sex by text?

And why on earth should I have to pay

The cell phone company

For some damn beeper to tell me to get up today.

Or that I should refuel the car,

And check the oil, headlight fluids,

I know where those stupid gauges are!

Just how far is all this going to get –

                THIS POEM IS OVER. REPORT TO SKYNET.

                 THISPOEMISOVERREPORTTOSKYNET

               DISREGARD THE ABOVE. THIS IS SKYNET

                    DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR PHONE.

 

                                                                             THIS IS SKYNET

                                                                             THIS IS SKYNET

                                                                              ALL IS SKYNET

 

Cliff SKYNET Lake 4/5/2024

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But...

House of Shame

Saturday in Magadonia