Table Blues

 

Table Blues

 

I woke up under the table,

I never made it to the bed.

I woke up under the table,

With a note next to my head.

“Understand this when you’re able,

I’m gone.” was what it said.

 

I am trying to do better,

Maybe get another chance.

I’m trying to do better,

Bring back that old romance.

But she told me in her letter,

She won’t spare me another glance.

 

It’s cold here on my own now,

All my days have gone all gray.

It’s so cold all on my own now,

It don’t matter if I go or stay.

I gotta get through somehow,

And get these blues to fade away.

 

I gotta get past this somehow,

Get these blues to fade away.

I’ll get past this somehow,

Maybe she’ll be back one day.

I’ll find my way through somehow,

Get these blues to fade away.

 

Cliff Lake 12/23/2023

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But...

House of Shame

Saturday in Magadonia