Conversation

 

Conversation

 

He came out of the desert,

As nondescript as dust.

He said this was the designated day,

And that he held a sacred trust.

 

He looked me with unflinching eye,

Yet his cheeks contained his pain.

Some monstrous detail,

Held his unfaltered spirit in chain.

 

Old he was but looked hearty and hale.

I made to leave but his resolve held me there,

A lengthy visit was promised,

When he pulled up a chair.

 

For hours he said nothing,

Yet held me with an eye.

And gradually I was made to know,

What will most men stupefy.

 

No conversation needed,

As I was guided through the dream,

The purpose, the answer to the riddle,

Vistas opened as I was shown the scheme.

 

No fear I had of the knowledge passed,

Nor of his glaring eye,

And when I finally dared to ask,

A whole year had gone by.

 

Then he gathered him to him,

And went out the way he came in.

I’m glad to see you today,

And now we can begin…

 

Cliff Lake 11/22/2023

Copyright © Clifford Lake

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But...

House of Shame

Saturday in Magadonia