Small Talk

 

Small Talk

 

I only have this voice,

Heard by only so many.

Have I said anything so astute,

Not already better said?

Or is it that some things

Require infinite repetition

Being ignored in favor of complacence,

Of convenience,

Or contradicted with simple evasion?

Still…

I cannot be silent,

I cannot comply through omission,

Or the neglect of a too vast populace,

Because the dangers are real,

Because the dangers are ours,

Because the dangers are near,

Because we ourselves are dangerous.

There it is.

Me saying all of that again.

I repeat myself too often.

I will do so again.

A pearl is made through irritation;

At it’s center…

A single grain of sand.

So, my tiny voice will speak,

So, I will say things

I and others have spoken.

So, I will tell you things

You have already heard,

Things you already understand,

Things you and yours

Still do little to nothing about.

This voice is what I have…

Heard only by so many.

But I will be heard.

And I will say those things

We all need to hear:

We need to be the stewards to this planet,

Not it’s stain.

 

Cliff Lake 6/6/2023

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But...

House of Shame

Saturday in Magadonia