Tell Me

 

Tell Me

 

Tell me the dangers of the supermarket.

Tell me of the frightening visage of a 16-year-old.

Tell me that you don’t walk in fear.

Tell me that your profit isn’t counted in lives.

Can you say so?

Can you look me in the eye?

 

Tell me how a product is woke.

Tell me how books damaged your kid.

Tell me how you know God’s will.

Tell me you don’t hate-groom your children.

Can you claim that?

Can you look us in the eye?

 

Tell me how you represent your people.

Tell me how tax breaks for the rich benefit the poor.

Tell me how more guns equal less violence.

Tell me you aren’t bought and paid for.

Can you repeat that?

Can you look yourself in the eye?

 

Judgement Day is coming.

And just what will you say?

 

Cliff Lake 4/17/2023

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2023

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But...

House of Shame

Saturday in Magadonia