In So Many Words

 

In So Many Words

 

I do not want to waste the words,

Because I don’t know where they come from,

But I’m pretty sure,

I borrowed them.

 

I do not want to misuse the words,

Because some of them are not mine,

I only put them here,

So they have somewhere to live.

 

I do not want to mix up the words,

Because they ask me to write them,

And if I get it right,

I can watch them dance.

 

I do not want to forget the words,

But some day I will get old,

Then maybe they will run away,

And I won’t be able to find them.

 

I do not want to lose the words,

Because we have been friends,

And time is short,

And I have burned my candle for so long.

 

I do not want to wear out the words,

Because there may not be many left,

Because everyone is talking,

And less and less is being said.

 

Cliff Lake 4/13/2023

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But...

House of Shame

Saturday in Magadonia