Rosie

 

Rosie

 

She stood in front of me wearing a molten dress.

My tongue was all tangled up; I remember sayin’ some mess.

She put her hand on my shoulder, pointed me at the door,

Said, “Less’n you have your own money, don’t come around here anymore.”

 

I went out and found some shitty work the very next day.

Showed up on her doorstep with a pocket full of pay.

She was just steppin’ out with some dude big as a bear,

Said, “Less’n you can drive me downtown, you ain’t gettin’ anywhere.”

 

Why you treat me so harsh, Rosie dear?

I thought I made my intentions perfectly clear.

I’m not tryin’ to make you all mine,

I’m just tryin’ to get me some time.

 

I came around again some time the next week.

That big bear dude put a knot on my beak.

Rosie looked at me with my back on the ground,

Said, “Less’n you learn to keep your feet, you’re gonna always be down.”

 

Chorus, repeats…

 

Cliff Lake 4/3/19    

Copyright © Clifford Lake 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But...

House of Shame

Saturday in Magadonia